This course is aimed at people who wish to refresh their Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinators training. Although the need to recertify is not legislated it is best practice to maintain the skills and principles necessary to fulfil the role as a RRTWC. This training will refresh legislative knowledge and principles of injury management.
1-day workshop plus pre-reading activity
Self-paced in your own time at work or at home
This course is aimed at people who wish to refresh their knowledge in updated legislation and injury management principles for their role as a Workplace Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator.
The participant is required to have a previous accreditation as a Workplace Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator or experience functioning in the role. Face-to-face students are required to complete a pre-course activity, which is sent out at time of enrolment.
This course is designed to provide participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to:
- Assist the employer to discharge legislative obligations as outlined in the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003, including any amendments and applying a working knowledge of this legislation
- Establish and/or maintain a system for managing the rehabilitation of injured workers at the workplace, and
- Plan and coordinate individual rehabilitation plans for injured workers in accordance with best practice
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply a working knowledge of the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act and Regulation 2003 (including any amendments)
- Effectively communicate/negotiate with injured workers, management, treating medical practitioners, insurers and other key persons involved in the rehabilitation process
- Establish and maintain systems for managing workplace rehabilitation at an accredited workplace
- Identify and know how to implement steps taken following the injury of a worker, with regards to requirements of the insurer’s, the legislation and regulation’s ‘standard for rehabilitation’
- Monitor the effectiveness of individual plans, as well as the overall effectiveness of rehabilitation within an organisation
Upon successful completion of all activities, a Certificate of Attendance will be issued by Improve Group RTO #31506.
Participants must complete this course within 6 weeks of course commencement.
To enrol for face-to-face training for this course, please click on your preferred training date or contact us for more information.
To enrol for online training, please submit the enquiry form or contact our office on 1800 886 269.
that suits people of all levels”
Emma Ryan, Business Manager, Paramount Glazing
good materials and presentation slides”
Gerard Hickey, Fabricator Support, AWS
and appreciated that our trainer continued to work
with units of competency that related to our work positions”
Jeremy Walker, Chaplain, Morningside State School/Tingalpa State School
Steve Williams, Estimator, Langs Building Supplies
boxes with the training possibilities we wanted for our business”
Jonathan Pedersen, Operations Manager, Baywood Products
Steve Day, Customer Service & Installations Manager, Stegbar
(formerly Glass Skills Australia) to other business as they
have assisted us in gaining the results we aimed to achieve”
Scott Bloomer, Process Consistency Coordinator, Viridian
your styles and effective approach, the comfortable atmosphere
in the delivery. I can say nothing but praise for the company”
Harry John L’ose, Self-employed
Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator (RRTWC)
This course is aimed at people who work, or wish to work, as a Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator at a workplace…
BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
The Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety is considered the minimum qualification requirement for those seeking to work…
BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health And Safety
The Diploma of Work Health and Safety is the minimum qualification requirement for any WHS Manager, HR Manager, Project Manager…
Lead Auditor in WHS Management Systems
Health, Safety, and Environmental Managers and WHS Management practitioners interested in conducting first, second, or third-party audits…